Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sharp stomach pains and achy back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

sharp stomach pains and achy back

I have sharp upper stomach pains ,it feels like I'm starving,severly achy back, slight fever 99.3, have to pee every hour or half an hour. feel like throwing up but don't. I have had it twice, a month in between.  Both times it has lasted from 6 at night til 1 in morning then slight ferver for a few days.  I've had my blood tested and waiting for results.  Could it be some weird virus that i've gotten twice or similar strain or is it more serious?  My doctor thinks it might be an ulcer but not sure.  I'm just really scared that its gone happen again.  its so sudden.
Well, I'm not really somebody who would know about symptoms and all,
but this sounds a bit to me like Gallstones,
which I had.
Sharp shooting pain the the upper stomach area, nausea, pain that neither movement nor stillness help with......my doctor didn't think it was gallstones but I insisted he check, and I was right,
so maybe you should check it out yourself.
Hello!
Having experienced both gall bladder problems and kidney stones, I'd bet you passed a kidney stone ...Before this happens again, go to your doctor and get a urine screen funnel...When you have another episode, if it is like the two you have had before, drink as much water as you can hold down, (this flushes the bugger out), and urinate through the screen...this will catch any stones that come out...If your pain continues, get to the emergency room! The pain of these things are horrible and can cause kidney damage if they lodge in your ureter...Here are the symptoms of a kidney stone...sudden onset of an intense pain, usually on one side of your back, just below the ribs..pain can radiate through to the front...urgency to urinate...pain can shoot downwards into your groin..Pain is in waves...nausea, sometimes vomiting...no position of comfort...Sometimes followed by a urinary tract infection a day or two later...sometimes a small fever...Keep the stone(s) and bring them to a urologist where they can be analyzed to find out what kind they are (tells you why you are getting them)..If they recur, get your blood calcium levels checked...high levels can be a symptom of a tumor on a parathyroid gland...Whew, huh? Good luck!