shin numbness
About a week ago I got kicked in the shin and it has been numb since . There is some slight swelling but no discoloration. What could this be ? Please
Early stage of TMJ
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Some numbness is expected after an injury due to contusion and injury to peripheral nerves. Try ice pack, OTC anti-inflammatories and wait for two three days. If the swelling subsides, you will be fine. If not, please consult your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
What is TMJ ?
thank you for answering me. The numbness has slighty lessend , it seems to get better with rest , do you think that there could be some nerve damage ?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, some nerve damage or shock of peripheral nerve endings is expected. Nothing serious and nothing that will not resolve with time. However if symptoms still persist consult your PCP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?