shooting pain in inner thigh/groin
I am a 57 year old woman.  I have recently suffered from shooting pain when I get out of the car, bend over, rise from a chair or turn a particular way with my leg.  I never know when it is going to happen.  Sometimes you can hear a noise.  Like a rubber band.  When it does happen I have shooting pain from my groin down the inner part of my thigh.  I have to wait up to 3 minutes before it stops and I can move it again.  It then feels fine or maybe a little sore.  I don't know if it is a pinched nerve or spasms from either a tendon or a muscle.  I do not recall injurying my leg anyway recently. Thank you in advance for all your help.
This could be the result of poor circulation or strained muscle, but could also be from degenerative back disease.  The spine gradually degerates as we age, for some faster than others, also injuries play a part as well.  Consider if you sit a lot at home or work for circulation problems which usually directly affect the groin, if you are overly active for muscle strains, or if you have a family history of back conditions, have strained while working or at home or have other conditions that could also be connected to the spine.  You can google this further, but you should also consult your family Doc.
I am a 61 year old male, who's been getting a sharp pain in my inner thigh by my groin area; it last for about 5 seconds about 10 times per day. What can it be?
Does your pain come and go. It is not every day but could be for several days and then it is gone for several days? I am having this problem and not sure what it is. I especially notice it when I have lifted things or pushed things around at work. It is a sharp enough pain that it hurts to walk.
ter729