shooting pain on toes
For the past week, I have been getting a shooting pain on some of my toes, it hurts for a few seconds but it is horrible pain then it stops. I have never had this kind of pain but it has been happening a lot, about 5-10 times a day. I have a history of Sciatic nerve pain but it is nothing like it, there is no numbness related to this pain and it only affects one toe at the time. I don't know what kind of doctor I should be visiting or what it could be. I have also worn high heels almost everyday for the past few years and this is the first time I have experienced this.
Welcome to the forum!
Wearing high heels changes the tilt of the pelvis causing pressure on the spinal nerves. The first symptom to appear is usually tingling. This is followed by pain. You are in this stage as far as toes are concerned. Numbness comes at a later stage and denotes too much pressure on the nerve.
The other possibility is joint pain of the toes. On wearing heels a lot of weight of the body is put on the toes. This can cause joint pain to occur. You should consult both a neurologist and an orthopedic specialist.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!