shoulder-upper arm pain
i have a pain/strain in my lower deltoid into the area between my bicep and tricep
hurts when i do any pressing excersies and when i throw
took 3 weeks off from lifting and 2 weeks off from basketball
still there
i have not gone to the doctor yet
i have to go for my yearly physical next week so i will have it checked
but just trying to get some ideas on what it is

Strained muscles and sprained ligaments are among the most common causes of upper back pain. This usually occurs when excessive pressure, often from exercising too much, causes the tissue to stretch too much or excessively, causing them to become damaged or torn. Pulled muscular tissue and pinched nerves are other possibilities.Apply warm compresses and take some OTC painkiller and some antiinflammatories.These may help.

Another cause of upper back pain is a ruptured or herniated disc. It can be due to fibromyalgia also(Muscles aches and stiffness are common traits of this condition)

The possibility of GERD too can not be ruled out. Take some antacids or OTC medications like prilosec and see if relief is there. If yes, then it has to be gastritis.

If the pain worsens then pls consult a physician as a confirmatory diagnosis has to be made and investigations like ECG and spine X-rays have to be done..Treatment will depend on the same.

Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.