small tender lump behind ear?
I’m 13 years old, 101 pounds, 5 feet tall, blah blah blah…About…4 months ago, I think, I was fixing my hair and the back of my flat iron bumped right behind the top of my ear (I mean, not just the skin part, the top where the ear’s actually connected to the skull…make sense?) and it hurt.  On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain was about a 4.  Anyways, I thought maybe it was just a pimple or a mosquito bite, but the lump is UNDER my skin, attached to my skull or whatever, doesn’t move around, and it’s not red, just skin-color.  It’s a little smaller than a pea.  
Anyways, it hasn’t grown except for maybe a tiny bit, but I’m just curious.  What could this thing be??   Any help is appreciated!
well two things come to mind for me when i hear your condition.1. it could be a bacteria build up. i had one on my arm once. it just goes away. the other thing is it could possibly be a tick. i know people who have had ticks and the ticks have burrowed into their skin. im not an expert, but those are my suggestions. although i could be wrong, i would just look into it more
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Actually a subcutaneous skin nodule—the size of a pea and firm, is usually due to a neurofibroma (connective ad nerve tissue), a ganglion cyst or a lymph node. Usually this does not require treatment. Diagnosis can be by excision biopsy.
Watch the lump. Do not touch everyday but once in 10-15 days. If the lump increases in size, becomes painful, changes color, bleeds, changes shape or consistency or more similar lumps appear then immediately consult a doctor.
Take care!
The post from the doctor is right on!  :)  I have experienced little bumps before and had 3 ENT's tell my parents the same thing.  Good advice!!!!  :)
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?