Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
soap taste in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

soap taste in mouth

I have a soap taste in my mouth now for a few days, and it is getting worse.
I have read a few people had the same thing and it was caused by sodium floride in toothpaste. I checked my toothpaste and sure enough, it was in it. What can I do to get this out of my system? This taste is awful. I can smell soap too.
Please help.

This discussion is related to Soapy taste in mouth.
Hello stop using the fluoride toothpaste and the soap taste should disappear quickly.  You can try using non fluoride mouthwash and see if that helps.

Below is a recipe for making your own natural toothpaste provided by Christian PF.  

Ingredients needed to make natural toothpaste

1. Baking soda (works as a natural cleansing agent and it polishes and whitens your teeth as well!)
   2. Table salt (optional)
   3. Hydrogen Peroxide (naturally disinfects your mouth)
   4. Stevia (optional as sweetener)
   5. Peppermint oil, or vanilla extract, or cinnamon (optional)

Steps to make your toothpaste

1. Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into a mixing bowl
   2. Add a very small dash of salt
   3. Add 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide
   4. Add 1 drop of peppermint oil/ vanilla extract or dash of cinnamon.
   5. Add a dash of stevia (more if you want it sweeter)
   6. Mix it all up until it becomes paste like. You may have to add more hydrogen peroxide to get the right consistency.

You can store it in a plastic container to keep it from drying out.

I Hope This Helps.  Have A Nice Day!

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Needless to say you must have stopped using the tooth paste. OK here are a few tips for you. Try them. They should help. Have citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They help in washing away the bad taste by producing more saliva. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. It will help in lessening the persisting taste. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste. Increase fibers in the diet. Eat fresh things like apples that are crunchy or rough things like popcorn scrapes the white debris off the tongue. I’ll be surprised if these tips do not help. If they don’t, you’ll have to see a doctor.  
Hope this helps. Take care!
well then try to brush teeth at least 3 to 4 times a day