Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
soft palate making weird noises while swallowing

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Helo, i am 26 yrs old ,female .. whenever i swallow food or saliva my soft palate makes crakling,popping and grinding noises..i feel smewhat uncmfortable. Sometimes the crackling noises is towards the ears..its going on for 3 mnths..i been to many doctorz but they wre unable to diagonise my problem plz hlp me.,
If this is a new problem and it is causing pain then it needs direct visualization with a fiberoptic camera (performed by an ENT physician) and possible CAT scan of this area.

Sometimes people change the way they swallow and this can cause discomfort. There are "speech and swallow"  therapist that can help analyze your swallowing and devise a therapy routine to improve your symptoms.

Good luck!
Thank u doctor but i have no pain...but when ever i yawn and then swallow my saliva ,my swallowing is normal..but the rest of the times it keeps on making the same sounds..m vry confused..whom do i need to see? And is it smethng very dangerous? M scared..