Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
soles of feet hurt upon wakening

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

soles of feet hurt upon wakening

I am a 51 year old female in good health.  Lately (for about 3 months) I notice that the soles of my feet hurt when I first get out of bed in the morning.  They only hurt when I'm walking (ie, tenderness with the pressure of stepping) and this goes away after about ten minutes.  There is no swelling or discoloration.  
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 Comment

How are you?
The first cause to be ruled out is ill fitting shoes.
Another cause could be planter fasciitis. It is inflammation of the thick connective tissue which connects the sole of the foot to the heel. The pain is usually worse in the morning because of stiffness which occurs during the night.
Treatment involves, rest, ice packs to the affected area, proper fitting shoes and OTC pain killers for pain.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003181.htm
Take care!