something wrong with my tongue
so my tongue turned white ish a couple days ago and now it has little red  not sore but like taste buds look like they are full of blood  not like white paper white but just more of an off red i have geographic tounge but i never really noticed my tongue changing colors  i have the usual white line things that snake around my tongue  but these tasted buds full of blood  bug me and dont hurt but are anoying any ideas  ???
You may have thrush. If so, you may want to try adding some unsweetened yogurt to your diet and/or some acidophillus pills (available at most health food type stores).

Best of luck to you,
Michele
i'm a dental hygienist and see geographic tongue alot.  if you eat spicy things that could cause a flare up.  watch your toothpaste.  possibly going to all natural, but you should always brush the tongue or tongue scrape, to rid bacteria.
good luck
I had geographic tongue for a couple weeks. I took a lot of Vitamin B12 as someone online suggested, and it went away within a couple days.
ive had a patchy tounge for months now, i went to my doctor who gave me tablets for two weeks for thrush of the mouth which has now made my tounge white and not helped at all, she tested by blood for problems with my kidneys and if i had diabeties, by blood was fine but my tounge seems to be getting worse, it is sometimes sore and i have no idea what to do. my doctor seems to be very un-usful as well. it looks terrible. any help ?
Geographic tongue is disfiguring state of unknown etiology, some times it'd been related to vitamin  deficiency (vit.B6 , B12, iron) or to auto-immune disease (lichen planus of tongue) or due to infective nature (helicobacter pylori or mixed flora)
or as atypical sign for underlying  diseases (HIV, HCV, HBV)

so friend try to exclude all previous, if there is no confirm, so u r simply of idiopathic geographic tongue
A related discussion, Geographic Togue was started.