sore mouth
hi. i have had pain in my mouth for almost a week. i yawned and felt a pop below my right ear. now my bottom jaw really hurts and it feels like my mouth is tired. it feels like i have been chewing gum all day and i haven't. does amyone know what this might be? and anything to do about it?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You could be having TMJ problem. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
thanks. will try. its getting better. it mainly hurts now if i open my mouth wide.