sore ribs
I hurt in my right lower rib. I compare it to when I was about 8 or 9 months pregnant. It hurts like that and I am not pregnant. Thank goodnes. I have 6 children and love them all but......
It hurts when I am sitting and driving and it stays a little sore. I am 40. Anyone out there have this problem.

Without examination confirming a diagnosis is very tough but the various possibilities are there. Sharp pain under the right rib cage that worsens after eating points to gallbladder disease. Types of gallbladder disease include gallstones and inflammation of the gallbladder.Liver disorder may cause such kind of pain. Liver function tests as well as an abdominal ultrasound would be a reasonable approach to investigate this.

Second possibility is of underlying lung pathology which is pressing upon the diaphragm and causing pain.CT chest may be needed.Thirdly ,ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancy can also cause such pain under the ribs.

Fourthly,it can be due to rib fracture or costochondritis(an inflammation of the joints in your chest.
Lastly,an important cause of such pain is inflammatory bowel disease(Crohn’s disease)

Try an anti-inflammatory medicine to relieve the pain. Heat compresses may also help.If the pain still persists then pls consult a physician and discuss the above stated possibilities with him.CT chest and ultrasound abdomen may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope this helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.