sore throat on the left side? please answer asap
hello,
a couple of days ago i noticed a bit of swelling on the left side of my neck, underneath my jaw. palpitations were slightly painful. now that it's been a few days, the swelling has gradually spread to most of left side of my neck, though it's not very visible. swallowing anything , turning my head to the right, and bending over, have all become very painful. other symptoms include: fever, decrease in appetite, malaise, a headache, and the chills.
i am a 38 y/o femal, and i have never had strep or mono. if anyone out there has an answer please let me know.

It does not sound like sore throat.It looks like an infection which is spreading subcutaneously or below the skin.It is very difficult to comment the underlying cause.It can be due to bursting of a lymph node or a parapharyngeal abscess.Confirmation can be done only after a CT/MRI neck.

I sincerely advise you to consult an ENT specialist at the earliest and get it evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.