sores or cystic legions under arm pit is there treatment
I have noticed for the past two weeks that under my right arm pit the skin has changed and gotten hard and a small ball formed.I don't know if it's acne or a cystic legion,never had this problem before.I'm very active, I go to the gym 3 times a week I work two jobs I don't know what to do.Is there treatment,Is it cancerous?Please help if you can?
Thanks for the post.

There are many reasons why you can have a swelling in the armpit. “Lumps may be produced by lymph nodes enlarged due to bacterial infections, viral infections, vaccinations, and malignancy. A self-examination of breast should always include the armpit because breast cancer can enlarge the armpit lymph nodes even when the breast itself seems perfectly normal.” Other causes could be Lipoma (collection of fat), cyst, abscess etc. It is difficult to give a diagnosis without examining the swelling. Ref: http://www.*************.com/ency/408/003099.html

I would suggest you consult your physician about this and get yourself examined. Do a self examination of your breast for any lump. You may be required to do a FNAC (where the cells from the lump are pulled into the syringe with a very fine needle and examined under microscope) for the lump.

Please keep me posted about the results and other development. If you need more help, please feel free to contact. I’ll be happy to answer your queries.

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.