Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
speaking thoughts out loud unknowingly

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

speaking thoughts out loud unknowingly

I have just read about lisalopez speaking inner thoughts out loud whilst being entirely unaware of doing so.  I have also been doing this for a few years. It gave me a very hard time when I realised it was happening and I saw a psychiatrist as I was convinced I was being 'drugged' or something similar, and that my speaking with no knowledge was a side effect. He tried to get me to prove it wrong. I tried to prove it fight actually, as I know it happens and was happening. I have tried recording my self, but I never speak unknowingly when I am recording. I do not know what triggers it or how often I do it. My daughter answers my thoughts, sometimes I sing, give my opinions, speak my e-mails out loud, etc...I am a teacher who has completed an MA, so I am not silly or having a 'funny turn'. I would love to hear a reasonable explanation for this, or even try to understand what is going on.  It is quite frustrating and I find it hard to meet new people because of it.

This discussion is related to I unknowingly speak my thoughts out loud..
i think i have been experiencing the same things.  I do not speak on recording, and i think sometimes i say things that i dont even really mean.  To be honest im pretty sure it happens more when im high, but i've heard people answer my thoughts also.  I used to think that maybe they were thinking the same thing, or maybe the expression on my face gave it away, but there are some things that are just too conincedental for that.  I think my friends have gotten used to it, maybe even enjoy it.  Also there's always the possibilty that it is all in our heads and we shouldnt be so worried about it.  One solution i've tried is to just think thoughts that i would not be embarrared about saying aloud.  Its very hard, and sometimes you just have to say "**** it" when you know you said something stupid.  By the way im also a pretty intellegent person myself about to turn 21.  Any conversation on this topic would be much appreciated

I don't ever take any drugs to get high. I am not interesterested in pretend 'high'. Life is enough for me. If you are in a professional position in life and in contact with children, and a kind of thought that is not 'apt' for a situation could be deemed to put one at risk in their career situation, you may find it a little more prohibiting in your life.  Of course, people that are close, friends and family will just have to cope with whatever nonsense, swearing, occasional immoral thoughts wants to pop out. Be careful when you go for your job intereviews, don't go thinking the interviewr is a jack ***, or that you wish you were asleep in bed - you may not get the job! Think nice things! LOL. Who knows why we do these things......
A related discussion, Thoughts and Speaking was started.