spitting up blood
when i wake up in the mornig i hop in the shower and after a few minutes i have to spit and it is usally green stuff that i have been spitting up since i was in boot camp.. well lately i have noticed that there has been some blood in it. now last saturday when i was washing my truck, out of no wear i had to spit and it was pure blood and my nose just stared running blood for a few minutes. now i am pretty scared of the doctors i have to go to cause of past problems, do you think this is a situation that i should be worried about? should i try and give it a few more days?
Could be something as minor as a bloody nose. Your nose, as I'm sure you're aware, drains to the back of your throat. If your nose started bleeding, and you were at the right angle, the blood could come out your mouth. You should still see your doc to evaluate it. High blood pressure can also cause nasal bleeding in some people.
At first,for about a little over six months i've been experiencing a gurgle of blood in my throat when i wake up in the morning. But, now i've been having some episodes where i feel the blood in my throat as i'm doing my daily activities. Sometimes i'm spitting up small ammounts of blood; but, most of the time its excessive amounts. About eight months ago i went to doctor and had some tests done. After reviewing my tests results, i was asked by the nurse practioner do i have thyroid problems? I told her no, but i do have an aunt with thyroid problems. Could thyroid problems cause one to spit up bouts of blood and weight gain?  
Hi, I've got underactive thyroid & high blood pressure and have plenty of problems but have never experienced spitting up blood but can relate to weight gain .Think you should go back and see your doctor to find out what's causing the problem especially if it's an excessive amount.Good luck.