Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
stabbing pain under left breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

stabbing pain under left breast

hi, for about 2 or 3 months, i have had this sharp stabbing pain under my left breast. It only occurs when i bend over too far or  bend over too fast. i dont know if its a bone or what. but the best way to explain it is when i bend over it feels like something cracks or moves and then i get a sharp pain for about 15-20 seconds. i have also had constant numbness and tingling in my back ever since i got a job at a factory about 3 weeks ago. (dunno if that has something to do with it)  someone please help if you know anything!!!

I am glad that you asked this question here and we will be glad to answer it for you.
It appears to me that your pain may be one of several causes.

This may be due to a rib disorder, such as a strain or a pull or a small fracture. Recall if you may have had some recent trauma?

This may also be sue to some ailments of the chest cavity. Do you have any other respiratory/chest complaints such as cough or fever?

It may also occur due to nerve irritation in the back. Have you lifted heavy weights or gone down with your knees straight?

I hope to help you more after recieving your answers. You must try not to achieve the posture that gives you pain. Bed rest would also be recommended. Please use OTC pain killers and local applications for the pain.

Hope that helped.

hi, thanks so much for the advice! do you think i should go see a doctor and get checked out? it may be my back, ive always had back problems beacuse of my scoliosis and large chest. I dont have a cough or fever, or any respritory problems so it may be due to my back problems. I had posted another question on here a couple days ago, and you ahad nswered it. it was about a constant tingling numb sensation in my back, so all this might tie in together....what do you think? do you think the sharp pain under my breast is beacuse of the numbess in my back aor vice versa?

The symptoms you are having could be inter-related.

Do you smoke? Do you remember any history of trauma or injury to the site? Do you have any other associoated symptoms?

It would still help to consult a doctor and get a clinical examination got done and also to get a chest xray and xray of your spine done to rule out any gross abnormalities such as a fracture etc.

Further you may try OTC pain relief medications ,local application of pain releif gels and hot fomentation for now . In case the pain does not cease or gets worse you should visit your doctor immediately. You may also rest a few days and avoid exercises and too much bending or exertion.

Let us know the latest and also what your doctor advises.

Post us if you need any other information.

Regards.