stiff fingers
For the past year I have been unable to bend the fingers on my left hand. They are not swollen but the skin looks tight. Now my left elbow is feeling stiff and I've had a cough from a itchy throat. My throat feels like there is pressure on it when I swallow. Also the skin on my left arm is splotchy light brown. I have had exrays of my hand and there is no sign of arthritis. I've also seen a nueroligest and all the nerves are normal in my fingers. One doctor said I have scleroderma but I don't think so because the color in my fingers is normal other than a little redness in the knuckles.

The tightening and other symptoms you have described may be due to Sclerodrema itself.

It may lead to tightening of the skin due to disturbances in the skin's inner layers.

This may lead to tightening, changes in color, blood vessels or neurological sensations.

You may read more about it at:

Let me know if you have any other questions/symptoms you would like to describe.

Best regards

Thank you for your comment. I have seen photos on the web of fingers with scleroderma and mine do not look like that. Also the fingers I've seen are stuck curled over. My fingers will not bend over. A new development I have noticed is deep indentions across both thumb nails. Also for a long time I get sharp pain in my left side about three inches from the middle of my abdomen. It is worse if I eat a full serving of food. What kind of doctor should I go to? Thank you again for your interest.

It would be best to consult your physician or family doctor who could look at the fingers and then decide whether you would benefit from seeing a bone and joint specialist or a rheumatologist.

You would need to get certain blood tests and xrays done to find out the exact cause of the symptoms you are having.

What work do you do? Do you have any family history of similar complaints? Do you have any other associated medical illness like diabetes, hypertension? Are you atking any medications currently?

Do consult your doctor and let us know what he / she advises.

Post us about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

Hi to you, My story is a long one. My life actually would make a great novel. I am an artist. I'd rather not give my professional name on this site. I personally believe that all my problems are related to human growth hormone deficiency. I've always been a tiny person. I'm 4ft11, 100pnds. My fingers are long but very slender, just a 3 and a half ring size. My feet are only 5-6 size. I buy pants in the little girls department because the waist are always to big in adult pants. I had seizures as a baby until age three. I weighed forty pnds for so long I remember being that weight. I am perfectly proportioned just miniature. I have had ulcerative colitis and gallbladder disease. I have had restless leg my entire life, even before people new what to call it. I have had insomnia sense I was a child. I take ambien, clonazapan, celexa. I will not sleep with out the ambien and with out clonazapan I'll kick all night long, even in my sleep. I take celexa for recurring depression, although by nature I'm a very happy person. I do not have out burst of anger. Not much makes me angry. People describe me most often as sweet. I guess when truly bad things have happened and you have experienced real pain it is hard to become rattled over daily life. I could tell you things that would curl your toe nails but this is not the place. It is nice of you to respond. My parents have always called me Little Bird. My mom said when she first saw me all I was was a mouth in a blanket and it reminded her of a baby bird wanting a worm. So she named me after a bird. Sadly my momma died four years ago this month of pancreatic cancer. She was only 63. She only looked 50. She was always very beautiful. She looked like Susan Luchi. I look a lot like my mom which in a way is comforting. I was with her for her treatments and I stayed with her continually the last six weeks. She died at home. It made all my earlier years of physical pain make sense because I could have real empathy for her and I knew how to make her comfortable. She was awake when she died. I was looking into her eyes. She was very afraid because she was trying to breath but her lungs would not work. It took a while for her basically to suffocate. I tried my best to comfort her as she was dieing. But as I promised I cleaned her and put her in her favorite nightgown before they came to get her. I am the baby in the family and was very close with my momma. Loosing her has left a huge void. She always said, people are as happy as they let themselves be. I try to always remember that. I should stop writing I'm taking up your time. Thanks  
Question. I saw a add on T.V. about a law firm asking people to call if they have stiff fingers, joint pain or kidney trouble after have a MRI or an MRA. I'm wondering if this could be my problem. I have had these procedures done. Have you heard about this?