Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
stinging, burning and aching pain in left scapular area ( worse during ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

stinging, burning and aching pain in left scapular area ( worse during smoking)

Since '94 I was medically examined by a doctor prior to obtaining a job working for the U.S. Navy and the doctor said ( aftr palpation of my mid-back area) that he detected a ' thickend ' area under / in my left scapular muscle area, I have noticed a chronic aching and occasional sharp stinging pain in this area which appers to be getting worse (it is particularly noticable during and immrdiately after smoking cigarettes [ yeah ....I know].

The doctor suggested that it might be an inflammed bursa sac or a benign fatty tumor ( but it might possibly [ but not probebly ...be something worse]).

In the same general area there appears to be a discoid cyst that looks like a mole or large freckle (brown though not black as would probably be the case with a carcinoma).

I am self employed and usually do not have enough to pay for Medical care (esp. at todays rate / charges).

Are there any qualified professionals out there that might know what this might be and what the best way for a low to moderate income individual like myself, would be to get checked / diagnosed ?
I have just about the same exact thing....do you ever get pain in the front of your rib cage in the center ?  I always feel like I have a "trigger point" area deep in the scapular area.
You mentioned smoking....believe it or not today I quit after smoking since I was 14 years old...I am almost 60 now. My pain goes around my rib cage from the front to the back. Did your doctor say this is related to smoking? Like lung cancer or the like?  I have tried to explain this to dr's and they just have dismissed my concerns. Do you also have pain in the arm pit area?
I am terrible about getting back to here for answers....but I am going to try hard to. I don't know the policy of this site as far as giving out individual email addresses......for people like me answers sent directly to me would be easier.

I hope someone can get on here and help us both figure this out.

I have the exact same pain in my mid leftside of my back.  Sometimes i will quit smoking for a week or so and it will go away.  As soon as i start smoking again it comes back. My middle abdoman in the front just start hurting.  I can feel a lumb. It will hurt if i push on it and stay hurting for an hour or so.  I am 30 years old and in good shape. I have no other symtoms (symptoms). I will keep you guys posted.
The other night I twisted my left shoulder while asleep trying to stretch out and now I have this terrible burning sensation if I move my left arm the wrong way. What could it be? I also have arthritis in my left hip, but I don't think it is related.