stinging toes
What causes my toes to sting as if bees were stinging them?????

Some of the possibilities for your symptoms are insect bite, tarsal tunnel syndrome(compression, or squeezing, on the posterior tibial nerve), injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the foot as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis,motor neuron disease,peripheral vascular disease,peripheral neuropathy and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also causesuch tingling sensations in the foot and toes.

Have you got any swelling or itching of the toes which can suggest any insect bite?If no ,then the above mentioned possibilities have to be looked into. Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.Various investigations like EMG,nerve conduction tests and MRA for peripheral vascular disease may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.A neurologist will be the best person to guide you.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any other queries.

A related discussion, My toe is Swollen was started.