Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
stomach pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

stomach pain

when i get hungry i get really bad pains in my stomach and feel sick, several times i have been sick, this is starting to be a problem at work as i cant just go and eat when i want to
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is normal to have hunger pangs when you are hungry. However when acid production on an empty stomach is more than that required to give a feeling of hunger it causes pain. This pain is relieved by food in stomach. You can take over the counter antacid tablets to control this. Omeprazole 20mg too is a good choice. Once you start these, within a week the pain will reduce.
Apart from this you can eat frequent small meals. It is possible for office goers to carry snacks which they can munch quickly. Candies and chocolate, fruits, biscuits and cookies etc can be tried. Avoid fried and spicy food.
Hope this helps. If symptoms persist consult your PCP. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!