stomach problems/weight gain
I am a 52-year old female; hysterectomy in 1995; hypothyroid diagnosed 12 years ago; have gained 40 lbs in past year; stomach very swollen and hard; reflux when eating or drinking anything, but not always; new symptom is shortness of breath; severe neck pain on right side and under shoulder blade and headache.  I feel like I am falling apart. Could all of this be thyroid related or could I have some sort of stomach problem . Have been dieting and exercising for past month religiously.  Still gaining weight, ever so slightly.  Last night when talking would lose breathe in mid sentence.  Is all of this stomach-related or thyroid-related or am I just falling apart ???
Also, I have had an something happening with my bladder.  When I urinate, there is always some more that comes after I think I have emptied my bladder. For some reason I cannot empty it fully even though I wiggle and move all around to try to empty it -- but I can't. I don't know if this has anything to do with the stomach problem I have been having.
Thank you Dr. Meador, I really appreciate your time and expertise in reading and answering all of these questions.
Hello, I am new to this but am getting nowhere with a doctor, so I thought I'd give this a try. I am 53 years old and in pretty good health except for an ulcer. My problem is I have gained over 40 lbs. in about a year. Considering I am only 4' 9" tall, small frame, and never weighed over 93 lbs. (except when pregnant) this is devestating! I am MISERABLE! Very short winded, my back hurts constantly, and I have no energy. As for my eating habits, I eat 1 pack of Graham Crackers with one cup of milk for breakfast and the same thing for dinner. The only thing in between, is ICE by the bag fulls. I crave it. Just in case you're wondering why the Graham's, when my ulcers were hurting so bad I couldn't eat regular food I started with the crackers and now it's like I HAVE to have them. My main concern is why am I gaining so much weight and so fast without eating constantly. Any idea what's going on with me? Thank you so much.
Hello,  I am a 30 year old woman who is worried about gaining too much weight.  I have gained 20 lbs in a time frame of one year.  I don't know what the cause of this is, I have not been eating more than I use to eat.  I don't drink sodas and hardly any juices I normally drink water.  It makes me wonder if stress has anything to do with this problem.  The Las year and a half have been pretty stressful for me.  I am working full time and attending full time school.  I was tested for thyroid problem about 2 years ago and I came out okay.  I will be testing for it again this week.  I do suffer from constipation a bit.  After I gave birth to my 3 year old I started suffering from constipation to the point where I wouldn't go for a week.  I started taking care of that with natural products and I am doing good.  Yet I still have to drink something occasionally for constipation.  I have not been exercising due to my work load with my schedule so I can't find the time.  Can you guide more less on what my problem may be?