Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
stomach problems/weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

stomach problems/weight gain

I am a 52-year old female; hysterectomy in 1995; hypothyroid diagnosed 12 years ago; have gained 40 lbs in past year; stomach very swollen and hard; reflux when eating or drinking anything, but not always; new symptom is shortness of breath; severe neck pain on right side and under shoulder blade and headache.  I feel like I am falling apart. Could all of this be thyroid related or could I have some sort of stomach problem . Have been dieting and exercising for past month religiously.  Still gaining weight, ever so slightly.  Last night when talking would lose breathe in mid sentence.  Is all of this stomach-related or thyroid-related or am I just falling apart ???
Also, I have had an something happening with my bladder.  When I urinate, there is always some more that comes after I think I have emptied my bladder. For some reason I cannot empty it fully even though I wiggle and move all around to try to empty it -- but I can't. I don't know if this has anything to do with the stomach problem I have been having.
Thank you Dr. Meador, I really appreciate your time and expertise in reading and answering all of these questions.
Hello, I am new to this but am getting nowhere with a doctor, so I thought I'd give this a try. I am 53 years old and in pretty good health except for an ulcer. My problem is I have gained over 40 lbs. in about a year. Considering I am only 4' 9" tall, small frame, and never weighed over 93 lbs. (except when pregnant) this is devestating! I am MISERABLE! Very short winded, my back hurts constantly, and I have no energy. As for my eating habits, I eat 1 pack of Graham Crackers with one cup of milk for breakfast and the same thing for dinner. The only thing in between, is ICE by the bag fulls. I crave it. Just in case you're wondering why the Graham's, when my ulcers were hurting so bad I couldn't eat regular food I started with the crackers and now it's like I HAVE to have them. My main concern is why am I gaining so much weight and so fast without eating constantly. Any idea what's going on with me? Thank you so much.
Hello,  I am a 30 year old woman who is worried about gaining too much weight.  I have gained 20 lbs in a time frame of one year.  I don't know what the cause of this is, I have not been eating more than I use to eat.  I don't drink sodas and hardly any juices I normally drink water.  It makes me wonder if stress has anything to do with this problem.  The Las year and a half have been pretty stressful for me.  I am working full time and attending full time school.  I was tested for thyroid problem about 2 years ago and I came out okay.  I will be testing for it again this week.  I do suffer from constipation a bit.  After I gave birth to my 3 year old I started suffering from constipation to the point where I wouldn't go for a week.  I started taking care of that with natural products and I am doing good.  Yet I still have to drink something occasionally for constipation.  I have not been exercising due to my work load with my schedule so I can't find the time.  Can you guide more less on what my problem may be?