Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
strange numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

strange numbness

For a year or so, I have been experiencing numbness in different parts of my body--very random numbness. It's often just a small patch of skin, but shows up  on the outside of my calf, a hip, my shoulder, part of my arm, etc. I'm not experiencing other symptoms except what I consider an unusual amount of tiredness during the day for a 50 year old woman who is healthy and not overweight. Any suggestions?
Tags: numbness
If your doctor cant tell you why, get another doctor! I have peripherial neuoropathy, the fifth neurolygist solved my problem. They treated numbness as a diabetic (which I am not) and don't look for the real cause. For me it was sulfa drugs.
Eat less meat , more vegetable and fruit,more exercise,
I get this occasionally, usually mine has underlying pain, though, and it is the skin above the painful area that is slightly numb if you rub it lightly.  It moves around from place to place.  My retired doctor, who is my neighbor, told me it is neuropathy.  Greatfully, they only last a couple of months and then go away.

With the tiredness you are experiencing, I would suggest getting some thyroid testing done---I have read that neuropathy can be connected to low thyroid sometimes.  I am also a 50 year old woman--but I've got a few health problems I am dealing with---I was going to age far more gracefully than this......
Ha!Ha!  Aging more gracefully...totally there with you!  Thanks for the suggestions...I haven't had any pain associated with the numbness, but I do find that the numbness is always in different places, as well.

I am, actually, hypothyroid, though the last time I had it checked, I was within the range of normal. But worth looking into with the tiredness--and  interesting to know that there's a potentia connection between thyroid and neuropathy.
Thanks--I will look more seriously into this and take your advice on seeking out a doctor who can help me get to the bottom of this.
Definitely need the more veggies, fruit and exercise! : )
I HAVE BEEN TO THE EMERGENCY TWICE AND THEY GIVE ME PAIN KILLERS, BUT I HAVE APPOINTMENT ON MONDAY WITH MY DOCTOR, I BELIEVE I NEED AN ULTRASOUND AND SHE WILL GET IT FOR ME, WHILE THE EMERGENCY DID NOT WANT TO DO IT FOR ME, I AM WAITING ANXIOUSLY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMAIL,WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR HEALTH.