Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
strange smell

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

strange smell

Lately I have been smelling a 'old sweaty' maybe musty scent every time I breathe in not strong just always there- it's really hard to describe and rather sickening.  I shower daily and have asked people if they smell it too but they don't.  It lasts all day but doesn't happen every day - I could go a day or two without smelling it. When I do by the end of the day it just makes me nauseous.  I really don't know what to make of it - I have never smelt it before - even on the hottest summer day.  Should I be concerned?
Thanks for the input
If you're a girl then maybe you are pregnant. My morning sickness consisted of smelling things that no one else could really smell and they smells made me gag really bad. Either that or if u are on birth control the hormones can make your sense of smell heightned.
Avatar n tn
I had that problem and found that it went away after I did a fast and colon cleanse (using herbals).   Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
sounds like it could be a yeast infection of the throat. it's supposed to make your breath taste and smell particularly bad. maybe go in and have it checked out by a throat specialist.
Avatar n tn
HI!!! I have the same EXACT problem. It is so frustrating because its a smell of sweat when I'm breathing normally. It last for days and sometime months even after I take a shower. I had my family members smell me too and they don't smell anything. Did you ever find out what the cause was? I am a smoker and don't drink enough water. Well at least that what some people are telling me that that's what is causing it. But I think they're just trying to get me to quit smoking. Hopefully you read this.  
Avatar n tn
u may have what i have, a cancerous tumor, in the form of a cyst or lump just under the skin, get a skin examination checkup from your doctor, and get it removed surgically, dont break or drain it as it will spread