strange smells for no reason
Within the last two weeks, I have had smelled very strange smells for no reason.  I smell smoke (like we had just been in a bar) - but no one in our family smokes, also normal smells don't smell the same. (Garlic chicken smells strange).  I feel OK otherwise - except for what I thought was a bladder infection - but was not. That is not completely resolved.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Are you female? Could you be pregnant?
Pum
Sinus infections can also cause this.
I know what is wrong with you.  You either have phantom odors or parosmia.  I also suffer with this.  There is a support group, get into yahoo and type in parosmia.  Not only will you find information,  you will find a support group with a ton of information along with a list of smell and taste clinics.
Hi, I just wanted to add something.  The 'smoke' smell is actually common with this disorder.  This is called phantosmia, where you are experiencing phantom smells.  Join the support group for parosmia and you should get guidance as to where to go for help.  Also, the Cleveland Clinic that offers this forum has a smell/taste center.  Best regards.
If you are female ...You could be Pregnant, When i was pregnant , my sense of smell was affected and for a couple of months i had a metally taste in my mouth constntly!! TAKE A TEST!!!
A related discussion, eye pain and phantom smells was started.
A related discussion, Undiagnosed symptoms was started.