Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sudden intolerance to alcohol

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

sudden intolerance to alcohol

I am a 30 year old female. About six months ago I started noticing a change in the amount of alcohol I was able to drink. Anything beyond two drinks and I was very sick the next day. Horrible headache and terrible stomach problems/nausea (constantly using the bathroom) that lasted a good 24 hours. About a month ago I noticed that even one drink makes me sick the next day. It doesn't matter what it is - wine or a mixed drink. It has never taken very much alcohol for me to feel the effect but it has never made me sick like this before.  I am in good health, I workout regularly and I eat healthy. I am underweight but have been for awhile. Do you have any idea what could be wrong and how I could go about fixing it? Thank you.
Alcohol Intolerance, signified by sickness and discomfort, is characteristic of developing liver disease. Sometimes the gall bladder.

You need a good physical examination and work-up.
liver...
An update to my earlier post: I went to the doctor this week and explained my problem. He did an ultrasound of my liver, pancreas, kidneys and thyroid and everything looked fine (nothing was inflamed or diseased). He then did some bloodwork to test for liver disease or anything else out of the ordinary and everything came back normal. My white blood cell count was slightly low but that didn't seem to bother him. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't know what to try next but I have to get to the bottom of this. Could it be an allergy? Something to do with my diet? His conclusion was "I don't know what is wrong. I just don't know. Maybe just stop drinking?" Help!
he should get some blood after you got two drinks...  I meat it!

maybe you have sort of diabetes..