Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swelling above collar bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

swelling above collar bone

I have had swelling above my left collar bone for two months.  It started with a stiff neck and then I noticed the swelling.  It is not painful but just unconfortable as I feel alot of pressure when I bend over.  The swelling is very noticeable but I can not feel any hard lumps or anything else at night I have severe sweats and I am very itchy all over my body I am very tired all the time but I think it is lack of sleep because of the sweats.  I have had blood work done every thing is fine no infection and my liver is also fine. Doctor says its is a pulled muscle but I donn't think so so I request to have a ultrasound of my neck so now I am waiting for results on a ultrasound. Any ideas?
You could just be "out of alignment." My husband had this problem before when he had a job that required him to be in awkward positions that strained his back and shoulders for long periods of time.  He became very restless and his collarbone area became inflamed.  he had to see a chiropractor to "straighten" him out and it complelty helped him IMMEDIATLY!  He was also told to change his positions and stretch his back and shoulders out regularly so that problem would not come back - and this also worked!!!GOOD LUCK
Thanks this may be my next step once I get the rest of my test results back from my doctor.  Lets hope that is all it is.

I notice yesterday I have a swellness just above my left collar bone. I am  worry, any cause for alarm and may I know your previous encounter for this type of swelling you got.

Thank you

Best regards,
William
I have swelling above my left collar bone as well as severe and constant neck, head, and shoulder pain. Doc's don't seem to know what is causing it. Any ideas as to what kinds of tests I could request?
can someone respond to above post, please?
I have the same problems as sgal...when i tighten my cheeks it feels like I am pulling on a string in my collar bone...or something like that...its the most annoying thing on the planet.  I just sit there and keep pressure on it all day with my hand...i hope sgal is still around after two years
I have swelling above my left collar bone as well.  I have had 2 neck surgeries.  After the last on in April of 2008 my collar bone started to swell and my left deltoid hurts so bad that it is hard to put on my jacket. I am going to check back with my ortho surgeon and see if he has any suggestions.  Please keep posting so I can get info also.