Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swelling in feet/ancles, purple feet extreme in heat

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Would oxygen blood level be a cause of swelling in the feet and ancles as well as purplish color of the feet when inactive?  I am in good health and generall active (a runner), I am a 55 yr old white female.  I have had this problem ever since I can remember.  I am just now doing some research and am thinking that possibly there is not enough oxygen being transported or enough in the blood.  Please advise.  Thank you
I am tired, but this post caught my eye. Are you diabetic? Have they checked you for any kind of endocrine problems? Did you do a search on burning feet? Hot feet? Red feet?
Does this happen to your hands, ears, or face eveer? Does it happen only when you are warm and exposed to heat or warm clothing or shoes and socks? These are probably a lot of dumb questions-but things like peripheral neuropathy, and erythromelalgia are two things I have heard of. I cannot wear shoes or socks most the time in the house. I have stood on cold pavement because my feet were burning so bad...and I last week went outside in the snow barefoot. Any pressure or heat turns my feet hot red and they burn. This comes and goes. I have also had this problem with my ears. It is not so common, but if you are the type who hates wearing shoes and when you do and exercise you are indirectly heating up more. But your feet are swollen and purple...so am I understanding that this is worse when it gets hot or when your feet are hot? Just make sure to see your doctor quickly to see if there is anything circulatory going on too. I am not sure, but you never know until they can see the symptoms and do an examination. I really hope you can get some relief.
Peace
Avatar n tn
Could be a cold agglutinin problem.
yeah for you. I am posting the word Erythromelalgia to several people. It took me 12 years to be diagnosed. I advise people to take pictures when their feel are red or blue  like mine will get, but first join the yahoo group. There you keep in touch with the latest research.