swelling on left side of body
For some time now I have noticed my left shoe is very tight compared to my right shoe. I also have had to switch my watch from my left wrist to my right wrist as it is too tight.
Meds I take are Evista and Lipitor 10mg. I also take a multivitamin for women, 1000 mg of Vitamin C, glucosamine/chondroitin with msm, Omega 3 fish oil 1200 mg, flaxseed oil 1000mg & niacin 500mg. I am 54 years old. I don't have pain except the discomfort from the shoe being too tight. I have had weight gain in the last year or so. I am having some headache pain on left side which comes around a couple times a year. It starts with tenseness in my back & neck muscles and can be on either right or left side. Chiropractor and massage helps.
I am fairly active and don't feel sick. The swelling is all the time and does not seem to come & go.
Thanks for any advice.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but this swelling can be due to lymphedema.It is a condition of localized fluid retention caused by a compromised lymphatic system.
Moreover,other possibilities like cardiac causes and venous insufficiency also have to be evaluated.In my opinion,you should consult a physician /cardiologist and get yourself evaluated and investigated for these three possibilities.

Hope this helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?