swollen calves and feet
my calves and feet gets swollen and tight and hard when i am on my feet either sitting or standing or walking for more then 3 or 4 hours. And i have calf and feet spasm that are severely painful sometimes especially after i am in an air-conditioned place walking or standing for more than one hour. I have very little varicose veins n i dont smoke or drink but i am on prozac 3 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets of risperidone at night. What is wrong with me?
How long have you been on Prozac and Risperidone?
Get your leg arteries checked!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Usually conditions of heart, kidney, liver or low protein or severe anemia, which cause both feet and legs to swell. Hence you will need to get heart function assessed by ECHO and EKG, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your PCP for preliminary examination followed by proper referral.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.