swollen hands
my hands always swell when it gets hot outside, this started happening about 2 years ago. i have no idea why, but its only when its hot out. My feet and toes do it too but not as bad. it gets to the point where i have trouble bending my fingers
Most of the general public's hands swell up when it gets hot out and "shrink" when it gets cold out.  Perhaps you have something like psoriatic arthritis or some other form of arthritis.

http://www.arthritis.ca/types%20of%20arthritis/psoriatic%20arthritis/default.asp?s=1
This can also happen if you are retaining fluid. If you drink a lot of water it helps.
my hands swell and are numb also my feet swell in evening after working 11 hour shifts. Why?
Welcome to the forum!
The swelling and numbness of hands and feet could be due to water retention as in low protein in blood, kidney problems, heart problems, severe anemia, deep vein thrombosis, liver diseases etc. It could be due to hypothyroidism too. Diabetes Mellitus too can cause similar symptoms. Venous pooling is another possibility. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
what is venous pooling?
Venous pooling means blood collects in the deep veins. The main reason is faulty valves of the deep veins of the leg.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi docnee,
I thank you so much for the info you gave me. I do not suffer from vericose veins though. I drank tons of water today @ work and was so surprised it was not so bad. However I do have a dr. appt. in Sept.. Than2 you so much. I will come to this area daily now just for new info.
Varicose veins can also cause venous pooling as they are the result of either faulty valves or deep vein thrombus. While at work, keep your feet raised on a stool or something and move about once in a while to allow the leg muscles to contract.