Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swollen inguinal lymph nodes/blister
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swollen inguinal lymph nodes/blister

My last period began 2 weeks early and was severly heavy.  I have been on a high hormone birth controll for years, with precisely regular periods.  I have never had break through bleeding before.  This lasted for 12 days!

Went to ER on day ten because of severe fatigue, I thought maybe do to blood loss (soaking through 1 tampon/hour).  They did a CBC which was normal and sent me home.

A few days later I went to the gynocologist for my anual pap.  The gyn did a pelvic exam, when she pressed on my lower abdomen I experienced SEVERE tenderness in the area of my left ovary.  Gyno thought maybe cysts?  Did an ultrasound which was negative.  She did tests for bacteria and yeast, both were negative.

Well I decided that maybe I was imagining the lower abdominal pain.  That is until a few days ago.  I noticed a bump on my labia minora, it was relatively small.   I shave frequently, and I automatically assumed it was an ingrown hair.  So I picked at it for a while, and it became sore and swollen, just like picking at a pimple would feel.  

I wake up the next morning and my labia majora has swollen to double in size.  My groin area (where I would imagine my inguinal lymph nodes are, but I'm not a M.D. so I could be wrong)  is very tender to the touch.  Any movement, walking, or sitting is very painful in my labia and groin area.  The groin pain radiates to my back and hips.  

My question is...can regular folliculitis become so infected that it would cause this much pain in groin and swelling of my labia? Could it be something more serious... possibley related to my recent long term menorrhagia and lower abdominal pain?  I have had cold sores on my mouth in the last week, could I have spread them to my vagina resulting in one herpes blister?
Please help me...

Other possibly related symptoms:
*frequent urination/trouble emptying bladder completely
*small "pimple like" bump on my cervix
*more than normal vaginal (white odorless) discharge.
*fatigue