swollen lymph nodes for over 6 months
I have had several swollen lymph nodes on my neck on the back side and behind my ears. I have been to my intern dr who sent me to a surgen who sent me to an infectious disease dr. I've had every blood test done. I've had xrays and ct scans. I've had one of the lymph nodes biopsyed and no one has an answer. Has anyone every heard of this or have any suggestions as to what is wrong. I do have discoid lupus but that's all. I have also had swollen nodes in my arm pits and groin, but those come and go the ones in my neck has never gone away. I really need some answers.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Swollen lymph nodes across multiple areas or generalized lymphadenopathy can be due to viral infections such as mono or EBV or cytomegalovirus or due to bacterial infections like TB.  HIV or AIDS, leukemia, lymphomas and other cancers can also be a cause. This could also be due to inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is difficult to determine the cause on net. In addition neck lymph nodes can be the result of tonsillitis, pharyngitis (infection of upper throat), infection in mouth, caries in tooth, internal ear infection, outer ear infection, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, breast cancer, fungal infection, other cancers like lymphoma etc. If you had flu like symptoms initially then it could be due to infectious mononucleosis too.  
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

I have been checked for mono and just about every other infection there is.  Some I've never even heard of. I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue, if this is normal? I'm just trying to see if I need to go see a specialist and what kind. My PCP has refered me to a dr who has refered me. I feel like I'm being passed around. The dr's don't know so they pass me off.
Did your blood work say you had an increase in white blood cells? Could be an infection your body is trying to fight off. Get a second opinion and ask to see a specialist in lymph nodes, like a Hematologist.
Thanks for the help, I will be going to the dr again today for a new symptom, uncontrollable itching. We shall see