swollen lymph nodes in back of head..
about a month ago i found a swollen lymph node in the back of my head, at the hairline just beside my left ear. it was a little tender, sort of hard but movable. that lymph node now doesn't hurt as much but still feels the same. a few days ago i found ANOTHER swollen lymph node a bit further down and more towards the center of my head, on one of those lines of muscle (i dont really know what its called, but if you feel the back of your head there are two solid lines coming up your neck into your skull base). it is tender, also sort of hard but movable. i showed my doctor the first one and she said not to worry about it for now.. but now that this second one has popped up too i'm getting worried.

i've also been having stange sensations in my head the past few days. shocking lightning like zap headaches that come for a few seconds and leave, all over my head. also some burning pain near those swollen lymph nodes. i don't think i have an infection.. the only infection i can think of would be my ears. they have been bothering me for a few months now, but my doctor looked in them and said one of them was okay, the other one had too much wax build up for her to see in them. but the one ear with the wax build up sometimes leaks clear fluid when i get some of the wax out. i don't know if this is related to the lymph nodes? the lymph nodes are swollen on the left side, and the ear with the wax and fluid is the right one. all these weird head sensations are reeeeeally worrying me. i have a lot of frequent headaches too, and some wooziness, almost like a seasickness feeling while im sitting still. i don't know what's going on!!

i have a doctor's appointment on thursday, but until then i'm left to freak out about all of this. what could be causing these swollen lymph nodes and the pain? ear infection? possible scalp infection? (i have very dry scalp with some itchiness and when i itch there are sometimes sores that also ooze small amounts of clear liquid).. could it be impacted wisdom teeth? could deep cavities cause this? i have two being filled thursday.

someone please help!! i am so scared it's cancer or something devastating :(
Thanks for the post! Relax! You have yourself found several causes for swollen lymph nodes. So why think of cancer from the beginning. Dry itchy scalp with dandruff can cause tender nodular lymph nodes. Added infection as in your case can also produce similar nodes. Caries tooth also causes the draining lymph nodes to swell. Impacted wisdom tooth if infected can also cause lymph nodes to swell.

First and foremost you must get your scalp treated by a skin specialist. Once this is treated, the lymph nodes will disappear with time.

Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!