swollen salivary gland, lump on jawline / infection?
Hi,everyone who knows my problems from previous postings. Another question about my  swollen salivary glands, Ive now got lumps on my jawline same side. The pain is quite acute. Doesnt increase when eating its the same. Ive been on antibiotics for 3 days for cluster of bolis on my leg but theyve made no difference to the pain or size of swellings in glands in fact theyve got larger. My Gp said its neurological ? Here we go again. What does anyone else think. If it was an infection wouldnt it have cleared up with antibiotics?
Hi Should spell more carefully I meant boils !
Has you dr. considered foliculitis? They are inflamed folicles that may seem like bois. I get it from the Lupus portion of my MCTD. I use Topical Metrogel, and the "boils" only hang around for about 5 days instead of weeks.
If it gets really infected. I have had them as big as 2cm at the very border. They get very painful like a bad pimple, but I almost never get pus out. They are raised, hard, red all around, and If I don't use medicine may hurt for a month or more.
You may be right Ive been bathing them with sterile water but had about 6 which were septic. Anyway Dr gave me antibiotics which has reduced the inflamation but Ive still got hard red lumps. Does this sound like folliculitus . If so is it a cream you can buy from the chemist that you get. XXChris
Hi, I don't know how to post pictures myself. I can just about find links . Mine do look more like picture 4 but got quite large size of a cent coin (if thats your smallest) equivalent to english 5pence . They were quite painful as well. Does folliculitus get like that sometimes? xx Chris
Metrogel is a prescription. Here is a link to pics of foliculuts. Scroll down to Folliculitis, and look at the pics. Mine tends to be most like #4. I don't know how to post a pic of mine, or I would so you could see if it's the same.
http://atlases.muni.cz/atl_en/aul-jedl-en.html
Hi, I think what I had were actually boils then because they were large painful, then started to fill with pus and I had red  streaks down my leg . I had some last year which ended up going into hospital for a few days for as they needed draining. Don't fancy that again I had the didtrict nurse coming out everday for 3 weeks too pack them (ooh that was not pleasant)Thanks anyway myproblem that sites really handy to have.
A related discussion, swollen salivary glands was started.