UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
swollen sore lump on head, sore neck, sore spot on scalp
by Pred38, Jun 21, 2009
Out of nowhere a small lump developed by my right ear inbetween my sideburn and the ear (the soft piece of skin inbetween there). The lump is hard, can't be moved.

This lump hurt when i touched it and it continued to hurt for a while after touching it. Then my neck (the fleshy part right under my right ear) got sore to the touch, then my scalp became sore right above my right ear, the part that is sore is about 1.5 inches in diameter.

This started last night June 20th, today is the 21st and it's a little worse than it was yesterday.

Please someone give me some guidance.

Member Comments (1)
by Dr. Kokil MathurBlank, Jun 22, 2009
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examining. It could be an abscess, cellulitis (infection of skin), swollen lymph node, or folliculitis. A fine needle biopsy of a CT scan can tell for sure what the lump is. Consult your PCP first.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!