Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swollen stomach and legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

swollen stomach and legs

my grandmother is 68 and has a swollen stomach like she is 9 months pregnant and very swollen legs and ankles. She says she feels like her skin is very think and heavy. There is a dry rash on her calves but has not really spread and looks like it is just irritated. While she is not in pain, life has become very difficult as far as moving around and doing anything is concerned. She feels extremely tight around her ribs (the swelling goes from right beneath her breasts to the  groin area). I really don't know what to do. She is greatly in favor of  more homeopathic approach but is also very impatient and needs to see some changes for the better. Can anyone help or end me in the right direction?