Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swollen top part of foot that is also painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For about a week now I've had my left top part of my foot has become swollen and painful to the touch. it is also very painful when i begin to walk and put weight onto the ball of my foot . As of yet i havent been to my doctor as i thought the swelling and pain may go but was wondering whether it was something fairly serious that definitley needed checking out. can you help?
Edema - the swelling can be pitting or non-pitting.  If you press it with your fingers and the release it - does it stay pitted or does is spring right back?

Some swelling can happen if you twist your foot or wear new shoes or walk too much - especially if you have mild congestive heart failure or even arthritis or gout.  FOr some folks it is as simple as eating too much salt.

It is a good idea to get it checked.  Pitting is more common. :)

It probably appears like a strain of one of the ligaments of the foot. A ligament is a thick thread like structure that joins a bone to a bone. It can happen commonly and best treatment is a rest to the foot. You can also put your feet in a tub of warm water 2-3 times in a day and that will help. I think you can wait for 2-3 days and try it out and if it still does not get resolved, you can consult an orthopedic surgeon.

I hope that helped. Please do keep me posted.

Kind Regards.
A related discussion, Sudden onset of sever pain to the top of right foot was started.
If it happens to be a bone spur, take Grape Seed Complex.  Grape Seed can dissolve bone spurs and makes the bones less brittle. -