swollen top part of foot that is also painful
For about a week now I've had my left top part of my foot has become swollen and painful to the touch. it is also very painful when i begin to walk and put weight onto the ball of my foot . As of yet i havent been to my doctor as i thought the swelling and pain may go but was wondering whether it was something fairly serious that definitley needed checking out. can you help?
Edema - the swelling can be pitting or non-pitting.  If you press it with your fingers and the release it - does it stay pitted or does is spring right back?

Some swelling can happen if you twist your foot or wear new shoes or walk too much - especially if you have mild congestive heart failure or even arthritis or gout.  FOr some folks it is as simple as eating too much salt.

It is a good idea to get it checked.  Pitting is more common. :)

It probably appears like a strain of one of the ligaments of the foot. A ligament is a thick thread like structure that joins a bone to a bone. It can happen commonly and best treatment is a rest to the foot. You can also put your feet in a tub of warm water 2-3 times in a day and that will help. I think you can wait for 2-3 days and try it out and if it still does not get resolved, you can consult an orthopedic surgeon.

I hope that helped. Please do keep me posted.

Kind Regards.
A related discussion, Sudden onset of sever pain to the top of right foot was started.
If it happens to be a bone spur, take Grape Seed Complex.  Grape Seed can dissolve bone spurs and makes the bones less brittle. -