swollen veins in hands
Last night I develop swollen veins in my hands, writs and forearms. The back of my right hand hurt where veins were swollen. (almost looked like a bruise but wasn't)  This morning the veins in bottom of hands are still swollen & pain on top of hand had deminished. Any ideas. Thanx.
la37
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, if you are very fair skinned and the skin is thin with less of underlying fat, then veins can be visible and look prominent whenever they are engorged with deoxygenated blood (has a bluish tinge). This is a normal finding and nothing to be perturbed about. It may look unsightly and cause stress therefore. This can be obliterated by building up the muscle mass and increasing the skin tone. A slightly tanned skin too may help. However, swollen veins can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, faulty deep veins’ valves and high blood pressure. Kidney function tests should also be done. Since there is bruising all these conditions should be ruled out.
However on net and without examining it is difficult to give a confirmed opinion. Please consult your doctor about these possibilities. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!