Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tender heels on both feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tender heels on both feet

Hello , i hope somebody can help, my partner has got tender heels on his feet , on getting out of bed in the morning it is difficult to walk on first thing because of the tenderness , and throughout the day he cannot walk far because it hurts , although fine when sitting , and looking in his shoes when he has been walking there seems to have been some kind of leakage ( NOT SWEAT ) , he is 56 yrs old , otherwise healthy.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If there has been some type of leakage, then possibility of pus and an abscess should be ruled out. Pain or soreness in the foot, that eases with time during the day, is generally indicative of plantar fasciitis. The first step you take generally after sitting or standing for a long time or when you get up from the bed is painful. As you start walking the pain clears up. Plantar fascia is a ligament that connects your heel bone to your toes. If it swells, becomes weak or inflamed, it causes these symptoms. After some time, you may feel pain always. The other possibility is osteoarthritis. This also causes pain worse after inactivity—the first few steps always painful.  Please consult an orthopedic specialist regarding this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!