Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
thigh hip groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

thigh hip groin pain

im having difficulty walking and bearing weight on my left leg/hip and thigh.  the pain started out mild but has gotten worse, i have taken a few days to rest my leg and hip but it didnt help.;i have also tried heat therapy and topical muscle pain relief products, now the pain is causing discomfort where my leg joins my trunk area , it feels like a strained muscle or tendon.  what can i do to fix this?
1 Comment

Welcome to the forum!
There is a possibility that you have sciatica, due to compression of the sacral spinal nerves. A wrong posture on a job that involves sitting for a long time too can precipitate this.
History of taking injections in the buttocks in the recent past should be looked into. A number of times old injection sites start troubling if undue pressure is put on them as in prolonged sitting.
Another possibility is ischiogluteal bursitis. This is inflammation of the bursa that lies between the ischial tuberosity and the tendon of hamstring muscle. The bursa may show inflammation without any cause or in association with hamstring tendinitis or inflammation of tendon of hamstring. The pain increases on stretching.
Myofascial pain or trigger points in the Gluteus medius muscle and Piriformis muscles can cause pain in the buttock area which may radiate to thighs. Stretching the muscle increases the pain.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor (PCP) and get a referral for a sports clinic and consult a sports medicine specialist. A chiropractor can also help you if the pain is due to nerve compression. Without diagnosis proper treatment is not possible.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!