Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
thigh pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

thigh pain

I have a pain running down my right thigh.

It's more of an ache than a real pain but its very unpleasant.

There is no swelllng and the ache is just under the front of the thigh running from 3 inches below hip and 3 inches above knee.

It doesn't get worse on exercise, just stays the same more or less all the time.

I have been to doctors who couldn't explain.

I tend to think its a bit of Rheumatoid arthritis, but i'm worried that it could also be a circulatory problem.

Any advise you guys could give me would be fantastic.

Mike
Avatar n tn
You didn't say where on the thigh your pain was.  If it is on the outside of the thigh, it could be bursitis.  There is a bursa on the side of the leg about where you say your pain is.  If that is what it is, see an orthopedist and get a steroid injection into the site to take care of the inflammation.  If the pain is on the back of the leg, you might want to check the sciatic nerve.  If  the pain is on the inside of the leg, check for blood clots in the leg.  If you want to check things out for yourself, check sites for "pathophysiology of the leg".  You can also go to a search engine called Ask.com and type in "leg pain".  Either way, I would see an orthopod and get some xrays.
Avatar n tn
I have soreness on my outer thighs, especially when I need to take a step up to a curb or need to climb a staircase. It makes these simple tasks extremely painful. What can I do and why is this happening?
Sylvia Connelly
***@****
Avatar n tn
I'd get checked for AVN.  Avascular Necrosis is a bone disease which will give
people this symptom. Usually,the pain is just above the knee in the thigh. The
area's that are effected can vary. The hip area can effect the knee and back
regions as well,so it's a very hard one to detect. Good Luck. Groin pain is
also a symptom.
Avatar n tn
Sylvia, your symptoms sound very similar to mine.  I have done MRIs, XRAYS, you name it, but I still haven't found the cause.  I was taking cortizone shots which helped for a while, but after some time failed to work.
Let me know what you find out, maybe we would compare notes
Avatar n tn
I have a pain on my outer thigh right below my hip, it comes and goes when it flares up the ache is constant and depending on which movement I make it hurts like hell, it even makes my foot feel tingling and numb.