thin watery discharge around ovulation
please , let me know if you've had or have the following symptoms.
three months after a d and c ( might be unrelated) i had a Watery pale honey colored  discharge around ovultation time and  a day or two before and after period.
the discharge used to smell like amonia, the smell went away once i was prescribed antibiotics for an unrelated bladder infection.
the discharge is now odorless, it's been months. i saw many obs, two fertility doctors - i miscarried four times all together !! trying to figure out if miscarriages are even related to discharge ? took many tests, blood test,  a HSG.... everything comes back normal. we are desperate, don't know who to see , what to do. doctors act like they don't really care, or seem annoyed. Something is wrong, i know my body !!!! never had this watery discharge before.
thank you. email me : ***@****
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A thin watery discharge if not a normal feature is generally due to genital herpes. At times the sores are not visible and the only thing that remains abnormal is a watery discharge. It can also be atrophic vaginitis which is common in post menopausal women and in your case heralds a hormonal imbalance. Hence it is important to get a complete STD and a complete hormonal panel (estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, prolactin, thyroid) done. Following D and C it could also be due to infection in the uterus, cervivitis, vaginal infection or due to Asherman’s syndrome which results in adhesions in the uterine cavity. Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your help. i did all kinds of tests: blood, urine.... i don't know what each doctor has been looking for in those tests. l if i had an infection in the uterus would it show on a hsg test, or sonogram ? idid those it can back normal....
the only thing i haven't done yet is the laparoscopy.
what is the best accurate way to look for those problems you mentioned and rule them out ? i've dealt with this for so long, i don't know what to do. one of the doctors suggested a Laparoscopy, i'm reluctant : only to find out there's nothing wrong : AGAIN !!!
i'm 37 and have a 4 year old boy. everything was fine with me until i had an empty sac pregnancy in 2009 and needed a d and c.
after that : the discharge,  three more miscarrriages,  and bills, bills, bills !!!!!!
thank you, please write back.
i did keep you posted !!!!! no answer.
Hi! There is nothing much I can add. An ultrasound via vaginal route or a uteroscope inserted via vaginal route to look at the  condition of the cervix, uterus etc, a PAP smear, a vaginal swab test, a culture of the vaginal discharge, a complete STD panel are probably what are required.
Hope this helps. Take care!
thank you , it did help.
take care
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.