throat closing up
my throat seems to close up at various times of the day and night, I start coughing, my eyes start to water and my throat has a bad tickle that makes me cough.  It's like someone sprayed air into my mouth.  When I sleep on my left side, I have noticed that it feels like my throat is closing up and I start coughing and my eyes water.
I've tried antibiotics, allergy meds, cold and asthma meds. sucking on cough drops.  Nothing seems to help.
What can it be???  and how can I stop the cough and watery eyes??  I work and it's so embarrassing. Nan
Your symptoms sounds exactly like mine.  I am so frusterated!  It happened about 4 years ago frequently, and now is much worse...happening like 10 times a day at least!  I often want to throw up from coughing so badly.  The only thing I have found that helps is drinking some fluids, but I still cannot talk for a few minutes and my eyes water.  If you have heard anything or found help, please fill me in!

Are you by chance a smoker? Christine
I have the same thing. A terrible cough, a chronic tickle in my throat, and that feeling like your throat is closing. If I'm talking, it actually makes my voice cut out until I cough and clear whatever it is. (Although I rarely cough anything up.) What the heck is this??????
A related discussion, smoking in the morning was started.
A related discussion, throat closing up was started.
A related discussion, Dry Mouth was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.