throat cramping
I have been having cramping in my throat it feels like a charlie horse and it seems to be more on the right side. it last around 30 seconds and even happens in my sleep it wakes me up.  it dose not happen when i am eating or swallowing
my doctor has no idea what is causing this. i have sleepapnea and this is very scary. i know i have not pulled a muscle or yawn to make this happen. i hope you can help me or tell me where to look for help.
Hi;

Assuming you have no thyroid cysts/nodules ( ultrasound would reveal ), the sx could be globus hystericus, or indeed, your sleep apnea.
   If you don't already, I would sleep on your stomach or side as when one les on their back, the tongue is relaxed and drops back to sometimes partially close the airway.
   I hope your Dr. is an ENT or OTO specialist.

Various possibilities for your symptoms are overextension of the muscles,overweight,dehydration, alterations in the balance of salts in the bloodstream (such as a high or low calcium, sodium or potassium level)thyroid disorders, GERD(gastroesphageal reflux) and some neck (pharyngeal or laryngeal)pathology.

Obstructive sleep apnea can also be related to it.
X-ray neck or CT neck, blood tests and sleep studies may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.Pls consult an ENT surgeon and sleep specialist for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.