tightness in shoulder, stabbing pain in armpit

For nearly three days now I have been suffering with what feels like a stiff shoulder, and when I move my arm in certain positions and tearing pain through my armpit, which is nothing short of extreme pain. Prior to getting this I had been experiencing muscular knots in my shoulders and back (by the shoulder blades) and since having this I have noticed its tender to the touch on my pectoral muscle on that side. I feel the sharp pain in my armpit normally if my shoulder drops below a comfortable point, saying if I'm pulling my trousers up or something to that effect. I have had breast augmentation surgery, 3 years ago now. I thought it best to mention that too. As the day goes on I stop using the arm altogether as the sharp pains in the early part of the day cause it to throb for the remainder only feeling comfort in the morning after resting. I'm taking OTC extra strength ibruprofen and using hot compresses on the affected area but nothing is helping.

Are you able to help suggest anything?
Sounds like what is called "Frozen Shoulder" also called Adhesive Capulitis. Google frozen shoulder and you will get plenty of site you can go on to read about it. You need to contact a doctor too. Good luck.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably Scalene Myofascial Pain Syndrome. When scalene muscle is the cause of pain, the pain is referred to chest, inner lining of scapula (shoulder bone), shoulder, posterior and lateral sides of the arm right up to the thumb and index finger.
It is also possible due to peripheral artery disease. Peripheral neuropathies as in diabetes, chemical burns due to any deo or lotions you use, peripheral nerve compression are the other possibilities.
Shoulder joint pain too is a possibility-say due to arthritis, rotator cuff injury, frozen shoulder etc.
The best thing would be to consult a general practitioner or PCP and try and assess what is the cause of your problem. Then proper referral for concerned specialist can take things further and get you proper treatment. Take care!