tingle in fingers and a heavy arm
I woke up this morning with tingeling in rt hand and arm feeling heavy. I can use it fine, but it just feel funny.  I reallly would like to know should I seek emergency help.  It feels like my arm and fingers are asleep?
Is it possible that you slept on your arm/shoulder or even with your neck at an odd angle wrong last night?  Any other symptoms such as severe headache, dizziness, chest pains?  If you are experiencing any other symptoms, I would definitely have it checked out immediately.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The numbness and tingling in the arm after getting up from sleep can be due to bad posture, nerve compression, deep vein thrombosis or sleep disorder. Change your posture, move about the arm, gently massage it and see if it helps. It can also be a peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes and thyroid disorders. The best thing would be to consult a general practitioner or PCP and try and assess what is the cause of your problem. Nerve conduction studies, MRI of cervical spine, dopplar studies, sleep studies etc may be required for diagnosis. Then proper referral for concerned specialist can take things further and get you proper treatment. Take care!