tingling fingers
Dear Dr.,

I am a 38 year old male. Lately I have experienced tingling in my fingers when I breath out deeply. Also, I am seated for long periods at work, and after a while I experience slight pain  and discomfort in my upper legs. I stay reasonably fit by walking and swimming. I am an average weight for my height.
Do you have any ideas what might be causing this?
Thank you very much for your help.

Since you have primarily a sedentary job, I would ask you to make sure that you don’t continuously remain seated for long hours. After an hour or so, you should get up, take a small walk around, stretch your muscles and then sit back. This will not only ensure a good blood supply to all your muscles but also improve your work efficiency. It’s great that you swim/walk a lot. Honestly, I don’t think there should be anything to worry about, but I’ll suggest you to get your blood sugar examined as that can be one of the important causes of tingling in the fingers.

I sincerely hope that helps. Pl do keep me posted. Best Regards.
Thanks so much for your help.

I work as a pilot, but getting up and moving around will still be possible from time to time.

Thanks again