Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tingling hands and feet, blurred vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tingling hands and feet, blurred vision

I have been having symptoms for apx 15 years now as follows,
joint and muscle pain,blurred vision with a gray line down my left eye,weird sensations in my head like my brain is short circuiting, zaps aolng my spine,constipation, bladder spasms,extreme exaustion, bad headaches ,vaginal numbness.ALSO HAVE TINGLING IN BITH HANDS AND FEET.  I never HAVE THESE ALL AT ONE TIME, I GO THROUGH CYCLES OF DIFFERENT THINGS SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR.EACH ONE LASTING FROM A FEW DAYS TO WEEKS OR MONTHS. I HAVE HAD TESTS FOR LYME, LUPUS,RA ECT AND ALL WERE NEG, HAD 3 MRI, 2 WERE NORMAL NOW THE LAST ONE SAID THE FOLLOWING.
ARACHNOID CYST FOUND BUT NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT AND A SMALL NUMBER OF PUNCTATE T-2 BRIGHT SIGNAL FOCI IN THE SUBCORTAL WHITE MATTER BILATERALLY. I WAS TOLD NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THIS EITHER BUT I FEEL I HAVE MS DUE TO ALL MY HISTORY OF SYMPTOMS. CAN YOU OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS? I AM SEEKING OUT AN MS SPECIALIST
Hi bengalcats...im the one who told you to post on this forum...you couldnt get on the neurology one?? keep trying, and do it in the morning around 9:00-10:00.  A dr. wont answer you on this forum..You coud also try the family doctor forum as well.  You have to pay a minimal donation to post of those forums..but to me its worth it..
I wasnt able to get on the neuro forum, i am hoping someone else can shed some light on my problem here. i hate this desperate feeling, gee i wonder how you knew it was me? :)
bengalcats:
When put all together, your symptoms sound like Lyme Disease.
Here is a good list of symptoms:
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

The tests for Lyme are not reliable, so it's going to be alot more work on your part, rather than just asking your doctor for a particular test.
Although a diagnosis of Lyme should be based on the patient's symptoms, many doctor rely on the lab tests.

You can find out about locating a doctor who is experienced in diagnosing and treating tick borne diseases at the discussion group at LymeNet.org.
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Wishing you the best,
Carol
hi carol, i am from pa as well, close to pgh. i had several lyme tests that were neg. do you have lyme? its my vision, the gray line that was in the center of my eye, and the tingling that has recently progressed from my hands and feet all the way up to my shoulders and my thighs, it moves up more each day. i never had the bullseye associated with lyme and never been near any ticks. i am so fearfull i cant stand it, since i have spots in the white matter on my mri I feel I have MS.thanks for responding,
How close to pittsburgh?  I'm 30 minutes away.  The thought of Lymes has crossed my mind because of my husband and son always hunting, and of course I always do their clothes.  My father owns a farm out in the country, and we now live their in our new house.  I never remember a rash, I just know that the last 6 years has been horrible.  I too have some of the symptoms of ms also, and I am scared to death, my grandmother was diagnosed with ms when she was 60 years of age.  I'm having some bloodwork and a check up done near the first part of April.
I live near century three mall west mifflin. how long have you had symptoms and what are they? what tests have you had? hope to hear from you. you can email me at ***@**** if you want.
sounds like possible MS.
Jeannie, I would be only 15 to 20 minutes away from you.  What is your age?  I've probably seen it here somewhere before, but can't remember.  My grandmother had ms, she doctored with a group of neuros out of Jefferson Hosp, but the last 10 years or so, she switched to Dr. Susan Basser, out of AGH, she didn't seem to be getting the answers that she needed, and decided to switch.  I will e-mail you later, have to get to work.  Take care.
WOW< I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU! i AM 45 AND i LIVE NEAR THE old SAMS CLUB.iT WOULD BE GREAT TO ACTUALLY MEET SOMEONE WHO HAS SOME OF THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS MYSELF, PLEASE EMAIL ME OK!i ALSO GO TO jEFFERSON HOSP drS AND AM TRYING TO GET AN APT AT agh, BUT SOMETIMES i HONESTLY DONT WANT TO KNOW, i AM SO FREAKING SCARED.
Jeannie, I don't have as many symptoms as you, my only problem is that I have widespread crawling sensations (not actually tingling, but like bugs under my skin, no numbness or pain).  This all started when I fell in our yard into a hole and couldn't sit down because of my tailbone hurting so bad.  I went to the chiropractor and told him what I was feeling, and without doing an x-rays told me that he thought it was either, fibromyalgia, a brainstem tumor, or ms.  I freaked out, when I went home that night I was a basket case, I started burning everywhere, then the itching started in my hands, but cheeks, scalp, and feet.  To this day, I'm thinking ms every waking second of my day.  My grandmother had ms, and that really scares me.  She was 60 when diagnosed.  Her first problem was her left arm would go numb and shoot electrical shocks up into her shoulder, then the bowel problem came, and the last thing that she suffered with was her dragging her left leg.  She passed away almost 3 years ago, she complained all the time of being so tired, and could definently not stand heat, she said it made her feel like a rag doll.  She was in alot of pain, then one night she started getting really bad with her left arm, it turned out when we forced her to go to the hospital, she had had a heart attack, she was operated on at Jefferson on a thur. and died because of cardiac arrest on Sun.  So she lived with it for 19 years, and she had very positive symptoms.
I know your scared, so am I.  I've had these symptoms for about 7 years, they have not gotten any worst, so I guess this is a good sign, I wonder sometimes if I really want to know or just assume.  Talk again.
Try to get on the neurology forum and also ask to be refered to neurologist.  Did you have any lesions on your MRI, I would also ask for spinal tap.  I know the spinal tap sounds painful but that and a mri would be able tell you if you have MS or not.  My sister was diagnosed with MS after more than 8 years of symptoms.  I had the same kind of symptoms but was told Post viral Fatigue Syndrome, I am waiting to go back to the neuro after having symptoms again.  Good luck. I hope you get an answer soon
i have been to many neuro who all said i do not have Ms. I have decided for now that I do not want to pursue it unless my symptoms get worse.Ican live with what I have for now. Do you know if Drs answewr our questions here because i have 2 posts and neither got a DR response?
bengalcats:
Consider posting a query on the medical forum at LymeNet.org, listing your symptoms, test results, etc.

I think your symptoms sound like Lyme Disease.

Carol