Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tingling in face, eye twitches
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tingling in face, eye twitches

Hi About a month ago I started having eye twitches, and started itching all over my body, and just in the last couple of days my face started to feel tingly/numb. I was wondering if this could all be related to eachother. I also have been under a lot of stress but don't want to just assume it is that. Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
397460_tn?1268537336
Hi plentyofkids.this could be a duel problem.

Are you taking any medications at the moment? Some, can cause an all over the body itch.

As for the eye problem and the numbness in and around your face, it could be migraine.
I get an "aura" a warning by my eyes, lip, nose and chin going numb prior to the headache.Or, sometimes I just get the numbness-no headache but it is still a migraine.

As you have mentioned stress, then we can assume it is a factor. If it is causing the migraines, I am not sure but a vist to your GP would be a good idea. Good luck, Cath278
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Eye strain, squint, poor eye sight and astigmatism (where a cylindrical lens in needed as alignment is defective) can all be the cause. Common cold, sinusitis, ear infection, sensory nerve compression, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, inflamed wisdom tooth, impacted wisdom tooth, dental caries, etc  can all cause facial numbness and pain. Trigeminal neuralgia can also cause twitching of eye with numbness of face. Itch can be due to stress and anxiety, dry skin, hypothyroidism, liver problems etc.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank